Give Me Your Hand 
More than a decade later, Kit thinks she's put Diane behind her forever and she's begun to fulfill the scientific dreams Diane awakened in her. But the past comes roaring back when she discovers that Diane is her competition for a position both women covet, taking part in groundbreaking new research led by their idol. Soon enough, the two former friends find themselves locked in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse that threatens to destroy them both.
3.5 starsI liked it, just can't say I loved it.What I liked:-The relationship between the 2 main characters. They fed off of each other in a way that I haven't read before and it was the driving force of the whole book.-The premise that this all started with the telling of a secret as a teen, and the life long effects it had on the both of them.What I didn't like:-The pace was a bit slow for my liking and seemed to flat line a lot.-The bouncing back at forth between timelines felt a bit jarring
I love a beautifully written thriller -- and this is exactly that. Not a who-done-it, but a why-done-it, with palpable dread on every page. And, as my own readers know, I love dread. And so I loved this exquisite novel.

4 Stars.Kit and Diane met while in High School and became fast friends. As fellow runners, they drove each other to become better. When Diane transferred to Kits school during their Senior year, their friendship continued and both excelled in school and in running, until one day when Diane divulged a terrible secret to Kit. One which destroyed their friendship and which Kit was sworn to keep forever. Years later, Kit is a Research Scientist in a lab, working for her idol, Dr. Severin. Kits goals
3.5 emotionally charged starsNothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose. (Dan Brown)There is a lot to be said about brilliant minds and the need to be the very best. One can give up everything to achieve the awards, the scholarships, the accolades, and the recognition they so desire. One can even give up a life to pursue their ends. Meet Kit Owens and Diane Fleming two intense girls brought together in Megan Abbott's Give Me Your Hand. They meet in high
3.5 Stars! Dark secrets embedded in a totally unique thriller... Most teenagers have secrets they share with friends. There is nothing unusual about that, but this secret is so dark that it threatens to change the course of two lives. Thankfully none of my high school friends shared any secrets that gave me nightmares. Kit is haunted by the secret Diane shared with her (she did what?!!). She wants to rid herself of it, but the cat is out of the bag.I loved the "Then" and "Now" format as we
You either know Megan Abbott books or you don't. Once you start reading her novels, I'm not sure you can stop. They are so consistent in the things that matter: stories with tight suspense and clear prose, stories of women and girls and the darkness in them. They are hypnotizing, the kind of books you cannot stop reading, books that keep you up late at night, books that linger in your brain after they're over. And clearly I think she's done it again with GIVE ME YOUR HAND. This book is
Megan Abbott
Kindle Edition | Pages: 352 pages Rating: 3.31 | 15345 Users | 1893 Reviews

Specify Containing Books Give Me Your Hand
| Title | : | Give Me Your Hand |
| Author | : | Megan Abbott |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 352 pages |
| Published | : | July 17th 2018 by Little, Brown and Company |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Thriller. Mystery. Mystery Thriller. Suspense |
Representaion To Books Give Me Your Hand
Kit Owens harbored only modest ambitions for herself when the mysterious Diane Fleming appeared in her high school chemistry class. But Diane's academic brilliance lit a fire in Kit, and the two developed an unlikely friendship. Until Diane shared a secret that changed everything between them.More than a decade later, Kit thinks she's put Diane behind her forever and she's begun to fulfill the scientific dreams Diane awakened in her. But the past comes roaring back when she discovers that Diane is her competition for a position both women covet, taking part in groundbreaking new research led by their idol. Soon enough, the two former friends find themselves locked in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse that threatens to destroy them both.
Declare Books During Give Me Your Hand
| Original Title: | Give Me Your Hand ASIN B074M6FK14 |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | Los Angeles Times Book Prize Nominee for Mystery/Thriller (2018) |
Rating Containing Books Give Me Your Hand
Ratings: 3.31 From 15345 Users | 1893 ReviewsAssessment Containing Books Give Me Your Hand
and, BOOM - review posted today! https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/s...*****************************************************I GET TO REVIEW THIS FOR L.A. REVIEW OF BOOKS!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!come to my blog!3.5 starsI liked it, just can't say I loved it.What I liked:-The relationship between the 2 main characters. They fed off of each other in a way that I haven't read before and it was the driving force of the whole book.-The premise that this all started with the telling of a secret as a teen, and the life long effects it had on the both of them.What I didn't like:-The pace was a bit slow for my liking and seemed to flat line a lot.-The bouncing back at forth between timelines felt a bit jarring
I love a beautifully written thriller -- and this is exactly that. Not a who-done-it, but a why-done-it, with palpable dread on every page. And, as my own readers know, I love dread. And so I loved this exquisite novel.

4 Stars.Kit and Diane met while in High School and became fast friends. As fellow runners, they drove each other to become better. When Diane transferred to Kits school during their Senior year, their friendship continued and both excelled in school and in running, until one day when Diane divulged a terrible secret to Kit. One which destroyed their friendship and which Kit was sworn to keep forever. Years later, Kit is a Research Scientist in a lab, working for her idol, Dr. Severin. Kits goals
3.5 emotionally charged starsNothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose. (Dan Brown)There is a lot to be said about brilliant minds and the need to be the very best. One can give up everything to achieve the awards, the scholarships, the accolades, and the recognition they so desire. One can even give up a life to pursue their ends. Meet Kit Owens and Diane Fleming two intense girls brought together in Megan Abbott's Give Me Your Hand. They meet in high
3.5 Stars! Dark secrets embedded in a totally unique thriller... Most teenagers have secrets they share with friends. There is nothing unusual about that, but this secret is so dark that it threatens to change the course of two lives. Thankfully none of my high school friends shared any secrets that gave me nightmares. Kit is haunted by the secret Diane shared with her (she did what?!!). She wants to rid herself of it, but the cat is out of the bag.I loved the "Then" and "Now" format as we
You either know Megan Abbott books or you don't. Once you start reading her novels, I'm not sure you can stop. They are so consistent in the things that matter: stories with tight suspense and clear prose, stories of women and girls and the darkness in them. They are hypnotizing, the kind of books you cannot stop reading, books that keep you up late at night, books that linger in your brain after they're over. And clearly I think she's done it again with GIVE ME YOUR HAND. This book is


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.