The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle #2-3) 
Cassie has joined the most alluring—and deadly—in-crowd imaginable. But power comes with a price, and it's more dangerous than she knows. Torn between the dueling desires of the two leaders of the Secret Grcle, she must ultimately choose between saving all of New Salem, and her own dangerous love for the bewitching Adam, which threatens to tear the circle apart. In the ultimate battle between good and evil, will Cassie's supernatural powers be strong enough to lead the coven out of danger? Or will she foil prey to the dark forces within?
. . . will she sacrifice her love for the circle to survive?
Finally finished this trilogy in its entirety after many years of incompletion. I found the receipt tucked in the back of the book, apparently purchased 9 years ago! Sheesh. Even though it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be I still really enjoy L.J. Smith's books. It was a nice nostalgic trip as well as a kind of closure for me since the show was cancelled.
I think my main problem was that the only two characters I loved-Adam & Nick weren't featured as much as I would've liked them to be. :)

A much belated review.I read this a few months ago and have been putting off my review. Not anymore! This is the second bind-up (the second half of the second book and the complete third book) in The Secret Circle series by L. J. Smith. This volume concludes the original series that she wrote in the 90s. Yes, there are a couple more books that pick up where the original trilogy left off, but those were written years later by ghost writers after Harper decided to fire Smith from moving forward
The Captive Part II:In this story Cassie Blake is still a captive of Faye because she's being blackmailed. The coven is trying to control or get rid of the evil, dark power of the crystal black skull created by an original witch in 1696. They decide on Halloween to go to the school dance and leave early then go to the empty, burnt down lot on their street, Crowhaven, and call the dead. They did that but it wasn't successful. Ironically enough the witches were born days apart from each other in
OK, I'm going to keep this review short because I read this book too far away from the previous books so really didn't feel as hooked with these two books in the series as I did the previous books. So I'm going to reread the entire series again at some point in the next two years just to give it a fair shot. I also think I may be getting a bit old for these real YA teen books as the characters were just a little annoying. I could not remember a thing about the previous books in the series other
OH. MY. GOD. ππππππThis book is 400 pages of pure EXCELLENCE!Ive got admit that the first book in this series lacked some real suspense and action. But this one has been extremely thrilling, as well as surprising and dark, with many twists and turns. Each member of the Circle has a distinct personality and realistic points of view on each problem they deal with that I began to consider them my own friends as well as Cassie's. They know why everyone is dying in New Salem, but everyone else blames
L.J. Smith
Paperback | Pages: 390 pages Rating: 4.11 | 18173 Users | 557 Reviews

Specify Books As The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle #2-3)
| Original Title: | The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and The Power |
| ISBN: | 0061671355 (ISBN13: 9780061671357) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Secret Circle #2-3 |
| Characters: | Nick Armstrong, Cassie Blake, Faye Chamberlain, Diana Meade, Adam Conant, Laurel Quincey, Melanie Glaser, Deborah Armstrong, Chris Henderson, Doug Henderson, Sean Dulany, Suzan Whittier |
Commentary Toward Books The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle #2-3)
Caught in the struggle between good and evil . . .Cassie has joined the most alluring—and deadly—in-crowd imaginable. But power comes with a price, and it's more dangerous than she knows. Torn between the dueling desires of the two leaders of the Secret Grcle, she must ultimately choose between saving all of New Salem, and her own dangerous love for the bewitching Adam, which threatens to tear the circle apart. In the ultimate battle between good and evil, will Cassie's supernatural powers be strong enough to lead the coven out of danger? Or will she foil prey to the dark forces within?
. . . will she sacrifice her love for the circle to survive?
Declare Regarding Books The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle #2-3)
| Title | : | The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle #2-3) |
| Author | : | L.J. Smith |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Omnibus |
| Pages | : | Pages: 390 pages |
| Published | : | April 9th 2009 by HarperTeen (first published February 4th 2009) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fantasy. Paranormal. Witches. Romance. Supernatural. Magic |
Rating Regarding Books The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle #2-3)
Ratings: 4.11 From 18173 Users | 557 ReviewsCriticism Regarding Books The Captive Part II / The Power (The Secret Circle #2-3)
Unfortunately I didn't like this as much. It felt really rushed and the wrap up of the villain and romance storylines felt like it was just ticking boxes. I wonder why L.J.Smith only wrote these three tiny stories when there's masses of potential for the characters and world. I really liked the group of characters, there were probably too many names to remember but the group dyamic worked and I thought the relationships between them all were well developed and believable. I wanted to see moreFinally finished this trilogy in its entirety after many years of incompletion. I found the receipt tucked in the back of the book, apparently purchased 9 years ago! Sheesh. Even though it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be I still really enjoy L.J. Smith's books. It was a nice nostalgic trip as well as a kind of closure for me since the show was cancelled.
I think my main problem was that the only two characters I loved-Adam & Nick weren't featured as much as I would've liked them to be. :)

A much belated review.I read this a few months ago and have been putting off my review. Not anymore! This is the second bind-up (the second half of the second book and the complete third book) in The Secret Circle series by L. J. Smith. This volume concludes the original series that she wrote in the 90s. Yes, there are a couple more books that pick up where the original trilogy left off, but those were written years later by ghost writers after Harper decided to fire Smith from moving forward
The Captive Part II:In this story Cassie Blake is still a captive of Faye because she's being blackmailed. The coven is trying to control or get rid of the evil, dark power of the crystal black skull created by an original witch in 1696. They decide on Halloween to go to the school dance and leave early then go to the empty, burnt down lot on their street, Crowhaven, and call the dead. They did that but it wasn't successful. Ironically enough the witches were born days apart from each other in
OK, I'm going to keep this review short because I read this book too far away from the previous books so really didn't feel as hooked with these two books in the series as I did the previous books. So I'm going to reread the entire series again at some point in the next two years just to give it a fair shot. I also think I may be getting a bit old for these real YA teen books as the characters were just a little annoying. I could not remember a thing about the previous books in the series other
OH. MY. GOD. ππππππThis book is 400 pages of pure EXCELLENCE!Ive got admit that the first book in this series lacked some real suspense and action. But this one has been extremely thrilling, as well as surprising and dark, with many twists and turns. Each member of the Circle has a distinct personality and realistic points of view on each problem they deal with that I began to consider them my own friends as well as Cassie's. They know why everyone is dying in New Salem, but everyone else blames


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.