Present Books To The Squire's Tale (The Squire's Tales #1)
| Original Title: | The Squire's Tale |
| ISBN: | 0440228239 (ISBN13: 9780440228233) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Squire's Tales #1 |
| Literary Awards: | Mythopoeic Fantasy Award Nominee for Children's Literature (1999) |
Gerald Morris
Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 212 pages Rating: 3.99 | 8974 Users | 420 Reviews
Interpretation Conducive To Books The Squire's Tale (The Squire's Tales #1)
Life for the young orphan Terence has been peaceful, living with Trevisant, the old Hermit in a quiet, isolated wood.That is, until the day a strange green sprite leads him to Gawain, King Arthur's nephew, who is on his way to Camelot hoping to be knighted. Trevisant can see the future and knows that Terence must leave to serve as Gawain's squire. From that moment on, Terence's life is filled with heart-stopping adventure as he helps damsels-in-distress, fights battles with devious men, and protects King Arthur from his many enemies.
Along the way, Terence is amazed at his skills and new-found magical abilities. Were these a gift from his unknown parents? As Gawain continues his quest for knighthood, Terence searches for answers to the riddles in his own past.

Details Containing Books The Squire's Tale (The Squire's Tales #1)
| Title | : | The Squire's Tale (The Squire's Tales #1) |
| Author | : | Gerald Morris |
| Book Format | : | Mass Market Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 212 pages |
| Published | : | January 11th 2000 by Laurel Leaf (first published January 11th 1998) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Mythology. Arthurian. Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Adventure. Childrens. Middle Grade |
Rating Containing Books The Squire's Tale (The Squire's Tales #1)
Ratings: 3.99 From 8974 Users | 420 ReviewsCritique Containing Books The Squire's Tale (The Squire's Tales #1)
Although targeted to a youth audience and easy to read, this book was charming, amusing, and witty. It's a take on Arthurian legend with the main character becoming Sir Gawain's squire and accompanying him through a number of adventures. It's fun to see how the author ties his story into the legend, and what he adds. It's also kind of fun seeing the Celtic influence so soon after reading Heroes of the Dawn, such as a reference to the story of Chuchulainn and Gawain's tossing of his sword into aThe Squire's Tale is quite a light treatment of the Arthurian legend, suitable for young readers and an enjoyable -- but very quick -- read for adults too. I've had it on my list for a long time, but I only actually eventually bought it because supposedly the series has a sympathetic Kai, and my dissertation is on the various permutations of Sir Kay.This one, however, would've been more useful for my Gawain essay. It turns a lot of the stories, even Malory's, to Gawain's advantage, and plays up
This was fun, quick book, but I think I had too high of expectations before going into it. I did like the direction of the story, and I think it sets up some interesting things that could happen. But I didn't really get into the story for half the book, and I thought it was going to be more humorous than it was. Don't get me wrong, there are some funny bits, but I was wanting more. It's a very tell and not show kind of book, so if you can't appreciate that style, I'd suggest staying clear of

This book is about Terence, a boy who doesn't know about his parents or past. He soon meets a knight, Gawain, who wishes to be a knight of the round table of King Arthur. Through his adventures as Sir Gawain's squire, he meets new people, faces new challenges, and is able to answer the question of who is he and who are his parents. This book is okay, the descriptions were pretty well, but other than that, I thought the plot was a little weak and the ending didn't come out too well.
This was fast-paced, humorous and enjoyable. In an attempt to rehabilitate Sir Gawain, it retells some of the stories about him from the point of view of a minor character, his squire Terence (a character invented by the author). Like Arthur himself, Terence was given to foster care from an early age and his parentage is a mystery. He is presented at first as likeable and docile, but not all that quick on the uptake. However, he does have special aptitudes and abilities which appear from the
all kids from 6-15 and the mama were laughing at the humor of this book and captivated by the adventure. A fun read for all.
This book is absolutely HILARIOUS!!!I was first introduced to this book through my brother, who was reading aloud to my mother. I stopped when I heard something about 'Sir Hatubris' (I don't think I spelled that right) and was laughing after only a few sentences.Basically, this boy named Terence who has lived with a hermit his whole life meets Gawain, who is on his way to King Arthur's court to try and become a knight. Terence ends up becoming his squire through an odd little twist and off they


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.