Define Books Toward Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth
| Original Title: | Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth |
| ISBN: | 0224063979 (ISBN13: 9780224063975) |
| Characters: | Jimmy Corrigan |
| Setting: | Michigan(United States) Chicago, Illinois,1893(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Guardian First Book Award (2001), American Book Award (2001), Harvey Awards for Best Graphic Album of Previously Published Work (2001), Prix du Festival d'Angoulême for Alph-art du meilleur album (2003), Prix de la critique (2003) Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards for Best Graphic Album: Reprint (2001) |

Chris Ware
Paperback | Pages: 380 pages Rating: 4.09 | 21454 Users | 1274 Reviews
Specify Containing Books Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth
| Title | : | Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth |
| Author | : | Chris Ware |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 380 pages |
| Published | : | May 22nd 2003 by Jonathan Cape (first published September 12th 2000) |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Graphic Novels. Comics. Fiction. Graphic Novels Comics. Comix. Comic Book. Art |
Narrative Concering Books Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth
Jimmy Corrigan has rightly been hailed as the greatest graphic novel ever to be published. It won the Guardian First Book Award 2001, the first graphic novel to win a major British literary prize.It is the tragic autobiography of an office dogsbody in Chicago who one day meets the father who abandoned him as a child. With a subtle, complex and moving story and the drawings that are as simple and original as they are strikingly beautiful, Jimmy Corrigan is a book unlike any other and certainly not to be missed.
**ONE OF THE GUARDIAN'S 100 BEST BOOKS OF THE 21st CENTURY**
Rating Containing Books Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth
Ratings: 4.09 From 21454 Users | 1274 ReviewsJudge Containing Books Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth
Chris Ware, Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth (Pantheon, 2003)I don't think it would be overreaching to say that, even if it is not, Charis Ware's Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth has been touted as the single book that ignited the renaissance of popularity (and social acceptability) in graphic novels in America; it was almost certainly the first to be widely discussed in entertainment magazines and on National Public Radio. It took me a while to get round to it, and I'mA friend, a physicist actually, recommended this to me after I rolled my eyes at superhero comic books. It's really great, heavy stuff. In just episode 1, Jimmy gets to meet his hero at a convention, who macks on his mom, stays the night, ignores Jimmy, and then leaves Jimmy to pass on his regrets/greetings to the mom. The big plot, though, is twofold. One, how Jimmy gets re-discovered by his father, who had earlier walked. It turns out the father had re-married, and the story of that family is
This is a five star graphic novel , so I am giving it five stars. However, I hated it. Well, no, I didnt hate it, I hated reading it. So I am abandoning it with relief.The great thing about this book is the brilliant graphic concepts which dazzle and delight on every other page. They are really stunning. The unreadable thing about this book is its subject matter, which is the life of a miserable loner with a bullying father examined in very great painful detail. Rarely has a book been so

I'm surprised that GoodReads doesn't allow a sixth star for this book alone. I can not say enough great things about Jimmy Corrigan. Honestly, it changed my life, and I can't imagine anyone not being in awe of its mathematics, literally and figuratively. This book is like the Catcher in the Rye for graphic novels. It raised the bar and it will not be matched for a very long time. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Breathtaking and deep. Brilliant.
Numbers 14:18 The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation."This is a devastatingly heart-breaking read. A book about generations of men in a family who have been abandoned, psychologically abused, neglected, overlooked, forgotten, all with parents who should never have bred. The result is Jimmy, emotionally
In lieu of an essay, some notes (with spoilers):1. I both intellectually acknowledge the brilliance of this book and viscerally dislike it. 2. I bought it and began reading it in late 2000; I set it aside after about 100 pages and only took it up againa library copy; I have no idea where mine istwo days ago. Back in 2000, when I was all of 18, I remember being immensely moved by some of those first 100 pages; Jimmys fantasy of being murdered by Superman, in particular, overwhelmed me. But the


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.