Define Books In Favor Of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1)
| Original Title: | The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1 |
| Characters: | Zaphod Beeblebrox, Arthur Dent, Ford Prefect, Trillian, Marvin, the paranoid android, Slartibartifast |

Douglas Adams
Paperback | Pages: 193 pages Rating: 4.22 | 1338409 Users | 27806 Reviews
Specify Based On Books The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1)
| Title | : | The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1) |
| Author | : | Douglas Adams |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 193 pages |
| Published | : | June 23rd 2007 by Del Rey (first published September 1979) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Cultural. African American |
Rendition To Books The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1)
Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor.Together this dynamic pair begin a journey through space aided by quotes from The Hitchhiker's Guide ("A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have") and a galaxy-full of fellow travelers: Zaphod Beeblebrox—the two-headed, three-armed ex-hippie and totally out-to-lunch president of the galaxy; Trillian, Zaphod's girlfriend (formally Tricia McMillan), whom Arthur tried to pick up at a cocktail party once upon a time zone; Marvin, a paranoid, brilliant, and chronically depressed robot; Veet Voojagig, a former graduate student who is obsessed with the disappearance of all the ballpoint pens he bought over the years.
Rating Based On Books The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1)
Ratings: 4.22 From 1338409 Users | 27806 ReviewsNotice Based On Books The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1)
This is another instance where it's daunting to write a review because the novel is well-known and loved by millions of people. As a Sci-Fi/Fantasy reader, it's embarrassing that I've only read this once, and I've waited 'till 2016 to read this. I'm glad that I can finally say that I've read this. I've finally read and enjoyed one of the most influential books of the sci-fi genre. I understand all the buzz regarding this novel. This is the first time in my whole life that I laughed out loud6 shiny twinkling ★'s!Really wonderful humor, funny language, absurd imagery and fantastic characters. The most fun I've ever had with books. And audiobooks.. I had this on tape, the BBC version, and would listen to this in my car or on my walkman repeatedly.If you've ever wondered where those references to the number 42 come from, what it would be like to have two heads or what about the answer to life, the universe and everything - look no further. Actually, I'm gonna head off right now to get
What a weird little book.Something I'll do, almost immediately after finishing a book, is Google the heck out of the genre it belongs to. For example, after finishing Furiously Happy, I wanted to find a book that would make me laugh as much as it did. When in doubt, turn to Google. I have googled "most funny books" , "funny fiction books" and " comedy books". Each time, this was one of the top results. And since, I got Audible for Christmas, I thought I would give it a try. (But also because

I am not one of those who think this is the best book ever written. It does not affect me on any deep emotional level and this kind of quirky sci-fi comedy is just not really my thing. However, that being said, Adams' has some of the best quotes EVER (not all of these are from this exact book):"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more
This book was more Sylvie and Bruno and less Alice in Wonderland. I didn't know what to make of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I didn't know when to laugh and what was serious.The treatment given to this story is phantasmagorical. The gags and mini episodic adventures are absurd, pertinently so. The fate of the planet Magrathea is a dream for communists.I tried to get it, you know. But I don't get most of British humour. I don't get most of Monty Python's Flying Circus, and I don't get
The universe is a joke. Even before I was shown the meaning of life in a dream at 17 (then promptly forgot it because I thought I smelled pancakes), I knew this to be true--and yet, I have always felt a need to search for the truth, that nebulous, ill-treated creature. Adams has always been, to me, to be a welcome companion in that journey. Between the search for meaning and the recognition that it's all a joke in poor taste lies Douglas Adams, and, luckily for us, he doesn't seem to mind if you
Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is an entertaining romp through the galaxy. It's a book I've read several times (first in high school); however, after reading Kurt Vonnegut's most overtly science fiction novel, The Sirens of Titan, it almost felt like a fresh experience. Of course, Vonnegut and Adams are very different writers. Still, the influence of Vonnegut is evident in Adams' seminal novel of nerd culture. The absurdity of the human condition explored in Sirens


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.