Particularize Of Books Found (The Missing #1)
| Title | : | Found (The Missing #1) |
| Author | : | Margaret Peterson Haddix |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 320 pages |
| Published | : | April 22nd 2008 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published 2008) |
| Categories | : | Science Fiction. Young Adult. Mystery. Time Travel. Fantasy |

Margaret Peterson Haddix
Hardcover | Pages: 320 pages Rating: 3.98 | 36532 Users | 3776 Reviews
Description In Pursuance Of Books Found (The Missing #1)
Thirteen-year-old Jonah has always known that he was adopted, and he's never thought it was any big deal. Then he and a new friend, Chip, who's also adopted, begin receiving mysterious letters. The first one says, "You are one of the missing." The second one says, "Beware! They're coming back to get you."Jonah, Chip, and Jonah's sister, Katherine, are plunged into a mystery that involves the FBI, a vast smuggling operation, an airplane that appeared out of nowhere - and people who seem to appear and disappear at will. The kids discover they are caught in a battle between two opposing forces that want very different things for Jonah and Chip's lives.
Do Jonah and Chip have any choice in the matter? And what should they choose when both alternatives are horrifying?
With Found, Margaret Peterson Haddix begins a new series that promises to be every bit as suspenseful as Among the Hidden, and proves her, once again, to be a master of the page-turner.
Identify Books As Found (The Missing #1)
| Original Title: | Found |
| ISBN: | 1416954171 (ISBN13: 9781416954170) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Missing #1 |
| Characters: | Jonah Skidmore, Katherine Skidmore, Chip Winston, JB, Angela DuPre |
| Setting: | Liston, Ohio(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Nene Award (2010), Massachusetts Children's Book Award (2010), Pennsylvania Young Readers' Choice Award for Grades 6-8 (2010), Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (2010), Sunshine State Young Readers Award for Grades 3-5 (2009) Iowa Children's Choice Award Nominee (2011), Washington State Sasquatch Award (2011), Rebecca Caudill Young Readers' Book Award Nominee (2011) |
Rating Of Books Found (The Missing #1)
Ratings: 3.98 From 36532 Users | 3776 ReviewsCriticism Of Books Found (The Missing #1)
Wow wow wow. Heart stopping action, page turning suspense and things that will keep you up all hours of the night and freak you out. True. But this book is so amazing but a lil crazy which lowered the rating 😂Wow, this book was insane. It was super slow for the majority of it, but it got so action-packed at the end. If you read this and are wondering if its worth it to push through the slow part to get to the end, you definitely should because the explosive ending made it so worth it.I definitely think this was a little bit of a filler book, but its also super necessary because it really explains what the hell is going on without it feeling like an info dump. This book was super suspenseful, and the
Thirteen years ago there was an undefined airplane that had landed at Sky Trails Airport. When the plane was boarded the plane was full of babies, but when the people had taken all of the babies off of the plane, it vanished. Now it has been thirteen years and Jonah and Chip know they are adopted. They set out to search for the other 34 babies, with some help from Jonah's sister Katherine. After a while of searching for these kids that are now in there teens they meet a woman named Angela

This book was way better than I remembered reading it a long time ago. The beginning seemed pretty boring but in the middle all the action and conspiracy happened and it good good again. I liked the book but I did not absolutely love it. I will probably read the series because I wonder what happened to the main character and his sister when ____ happened. Overall, I liked the book and people should read this.
Haddix, Margaret Peterson. 2008. The Missing Book 1: Found.I may be a bit biased--slightly--since I love, love, love Margaret Peterson Haddix. My expectations were high with this her first book in a new series. And I was NOT disappointed. I was WOWed. I'm not foolish enough to think that this one will WOW every single kid, teen, or adult out there. But for those that love science fiction and mysteries...this one is for you.Here's the opening of the prologue: "It wasn't there. Then it was. Later,
Great adventure!
3.5 Silver Starsit could be 4 stars, only if I've been more obsessed to the story.it has a great mysterious plot, interesting concept,good thrilling startit was so intriguing I finished it less than 24 hours.& made me curious all the way to see what will happen to the characters & whybut it was a middle grade (Not regardless of age because the characters acted childish sometimes & at some points the whole plot wasn't attracting me enough)so yeah 3 is good


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.