Books Online Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1) Free Download

Particularize Books To Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1)

Original Title: Rhapsody: Child of Blood
ISBN: 0812570812 (ISBN13: 9780812570816)
Edition Language: English
Series: Symphony of Ages #1
Books Online Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1) Free Download
Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 656 pages
Rating: 3.96 | 18617 Users | 556 Reviews

List Appertaining To Books Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1)

Title:Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1)
Author:Elizabeth Haydon
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 656 pages
Published:June 15th 2000 by Tor Fantasy (first published September 4th 1999)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. High Fantasy. Epic Fantasy

Relation Concering Books Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1)

The brilliant new saga is born ...

Rhapsody is a woman, a Singer of some talent, who is swept up into events of world-shattering import. On the run from an old romantic interest who won't take no for an answer, Rhapsody literally bumps into a couple of shady characters: half-breeds who come to her rescue in the nick of time. Only the rescue turns into an abduction, and Rhapsody soon finds herself dragged along on an epic voyage, one that spans centuries and ranges across a wonder-filled fantasy world-- a world so real you can hear the sweet music of Rhapsody's aubade and smell the smoldering forges deep within the Cauldron.

Rating Appertaining To Books Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1)
Ratings: 3.96 From 18617 Users | 556 Reviews

Notice Appertaining To Books Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages #1)


Very crazy time travel story, several new and interesting non-human species. Main character is somewhat of a Mary Sue, but she's still interesting and likeable. There's a big thread of mystery running through this book, which kept me very interested throughout.

DNF, some point after the Fire Incident...pg 220 or so? Whatever. There comes a time with mediocre doorstoppers when you put the book down, stare at the wall, check the page count yet again, & say: "I don't give a rat's ass about this. So why am I still reading?" Friends, I've reached that point with RHAPSODY. There's just too much waffling tedium (ffs, it takes for-fucking-ever to get out of the stupid root system) to excite my curiosity & push forward. It's the worst kind of epic

All of my original opinions from my status update still stand. I made it to page 50 and officially had to give up. I found myself skimming to try to block out some of the horrible cheesiness, and still I got tired of the taste of bile in the back of my throat from where I kept trying not to vomit from the totally false character interactions & the awful hyperbole. I stole this from "Jocelyn Zombie's" review, because it was oh, so perfect that I couldn't have said it better myself:"The Ugly:

This only gets two stars because Achmed and Grunthor are pretty cool characters. Otherwise, it would be a one star book for the atrocity that is Rhapsody.

The primrose, usually the first flower of spring (from the Latin prima), represents enduring love. In the Language of Flowers, it means I can't live without you. It tells your significant other, I am yours forever.★★★★½ The world-building in this epic romantic-time-travel-fantasy is superior, the characters wonderful. Some people find Rhapsody, the heroine, to be too much of a Mary Sue if that is even possible for someone with her back ground! I found her delightful and felt her losses.

Not quite 3 stars but more than 2, and kind of a bore, really. Neither the characters or the story or even the world itself was of any interest to me. Not even the time travel arc got to me, which is a big deal because I tend to like time travel elements (when they're done well and made sense). Overall though, I can't really say what it is exactly that didn't engage me, other than all those things I just listed. Hah. The writing alone wasn't bad, nor was it any good. The whole thing was rather

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.